Koretoshi Maruyama Sensei returns to the UK in June 2018 and will once again be hosted by the Takagashira Dojo in Kendal, Cumbria. Photos of the 2014 seminar are available here.
Maruyama Sensei was a direct student of the founder of aikido – Morihei Ueshiba – for 13 years. He was also the Chief Instructor and President of the Ki Society under Koichi Tohei Sensei before establishing his own association: Aikido Yuishinkai.
Also teaching several evening classes before and after this seminar (7th & 8th June, and 12th June) will be Peter Kelly Sensei 8th Dan. These classes will focus on the internal aspects of Aikido Yuishinkai as taught by Maruyama Sensei covering topics such as: Heaven – Earth – Man, grounding, opening and closing the body, joints as spheres, aiki o ka kaeiru, aiki age/sage & yin yang, plus more. There will be a small additional cost for the lessons from Peter Kelly Sensei payable on the night and dependent on numbers attending. We'll try to keep these costs to the minimum, accommodation in the Judo Dojo will be available for the week commencing Wed 6th June.
- When: 9th-11th June 2018, plus evening classes from Peter Kelly Sensei on 7th, 8th and 12th June.
- Venue: Kendal Judo Club, Parkside Business Park, Parkside Road, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 7EN, UK
- Schedule: 10.00am-4.30pm each day, details here.
- Fees: £165 for three days - early registration until 28th February 2018, £195 thereafter.
- Reserving your place: Secure your place by completing the relevant registration page, current limit set at 100 people.
- Insurance: You need to bring proof of your own insurance to the seminar, this is usually available via your home dojo. If you do not have any insurance we can insure you on the day for a small fee, £2.50 for the whole seminar.
- Travel and Accommodation: We’ve put together some pages to help you find a place to stay and the best way to get here.
- Our refunds and cancellations policy is here, please read it before you book your place.